CHIVAS MASTERS GLOBAL FINAL
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions (the “Global Terms”) apply to the second phase of the Chivas Masters programme, the Chivas Masters Finals 2018 in the United Kingdom (“Global Final”). The Global Final is operated by Chivas Brothers Limited, a company registered in Scotland under company number SC268758 and with its registered office at 111-113 Renfrew Road, Paisley, Scotland PA3 4DY (“Global Promoter“).
By entering the Chivas Masters local competition in your country of residence (“Local Competition”), you accepted both the Local Terms and the Global Terms. These Global Terms must be read together with the Local Terms. These Global Terms prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of these Global Terms and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Global Terms.
If you are selected as the winner of the Local Competition then you will be invited to attend the Global Final (together being the “Competition”) and may be required to sign and return a copy of these Global Terms before participating in the Global Final.
If you, as a Local Competition Winner (a “Finalist”) cannot comply with any of the Global Terms, or you are not able to attend the Global Final to take place over 6 days in the period between 23 June 2018 and 15 July 2018 (precise dates to be confirmed) in the United Kingdom, then you must not enter or must withdraw from the Competition.
The Global Final
- If you win your Local Competition and meet the eligibility requirements you will be invited to attend the Global Final.
- Included in your trip to the Global Final is:
- Return economy flights to the United Kingdom to participate in the Global Final to take place over 6 days in the period between 23 June and 15 July 2018 (precise dates to be confirmed);
- Transfers to and from the airport in the United Kingdom;
- Five (5) nights’ accommodation at hotels in London and Scotland of the Global Promoter’s choice with at least a 3 star rating;
- Domestic transfers (by train or air) between the competition locations in Scotland and London;
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at selected venues; and
- Transportation to and from competition events.
- The Local Promoter will cover the reasonable costs of transport to and from the Local Winner’s originating airport, and the cost of any required visas for the Global Final. You will be required to pay the cost of any travel insurance and any other costs and expenses not specified above (including without limitation excess baggage charges, and the costs of obtaining passport). Note, any room service and mini-bar charges at the hotel will be at your expense.
- The Global Final will be conducted entirely in English. No translations or translations of materials will be provided.
- The Global Final will take place over 6 days in London and Scotland in the period between 23 June and 15 July 2018 (precise dates to be confirmed). During the Global Final, Finalists will compete for the title of “The Chivas Masters Champion 2018”. The Global Final will consist of:
- A series of master classes from industry experts and luminaries;
- Individual bartending challenge(s) in which your bartending skills (and learnings from the master classes) will be tested; and
- Team challenge(s) in which your ability to successfully lead and inspire a team will be tested.
- The Finalists will be assessed by a panel of judges (“Judges”). Further details of the challenges and judging criteria will be provided to participants prior to each stage of the Global Final. The Judges’ decisions shall be final and binding in all respects relating to the Global Final.
- If you are unable to travel to the Global Final for any reason (including due to delays with or inability to obtain a visa), or otherwise do not fulfil the entry requirements, then your selection as a finalist will be forfeited and the Global Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative finalist.
- The individual winner of the Global Final (the “Global Winner”) will be crowned ‘The Chivas Master Champion 2018’. The Global Winner (except if the US Local Competition individual winner is the Global Winner – see paragraph 11) will win a trip to the Tales of the Cocktail 2018 festival from 17 until 22 July, 2018 in New Orleans in the US and will be accompanied by Chivas Global International Brand Ambassador, Max Warner. Subject to the Global Winner’s availability and agreement with any Local Promoter, the Global Winner may be given the opportunity to visit the country of such Local Promoter for promotional purposes, at such Local Promoters’ invitation. Subject to the Global Winner’s availability and agreement with the Global Promoter, the Global Winner will be given the opportunity to attend the global final of the Chivas Masters programme in 2019 (and receive flights and accommodation subject to the Global Promoter’s agreement).
- The winning team at the Global Final will be crowned “The Chivas Masters Collective 2018” and each member of the team (except if the Global Winner is the US Local Competition individual winner – see paragraph 11) will receive a special Chivas blend presented with a handcrafted decanter (if such blend is permitted to be given as a prize in the winner’s home country).
- The trip to the Tales of the Cocktail 2018 festival will include:
- Return economy flights from your country of residence to New Orleans, USA;
- five (5) nights’ accommodation at a local hotel of the Global Promoter’s choice with at least a 3* star rating;
- Airport transfers from the airport to and from the accommodation in New Orleans, USA.
- The individual winner of the US Local Competition is only eligible to win the prize of the title of “The Chivas Master Champion 2018” and is not eligible to win any further prizes described in paragraphs 8-10 above.
- The Global Promoter is not liable to you for any delays in the visa application process or any refusal by the applicable authorities to grant a visa which prevent you from travelling to the Global Final or to the Tales of the Cocktail 2018 festival, and will not be obliged to supply an alternative prize.
- The Global Winner will be responsible for obtaining valid passports and visas and other documentation for travel, for paying the cost of transport to and from their originating airport, travel insurance and any other travel related costs not specified above (including without limitation excess baggage charges and obtaining passports) and for any other costs or expenses not specified above. Note, any room service and mini-bar charges at the hotel will be at their expense.
Intellectual Property and Image Rights
- You must own or have full and unrestricted permission to use the intellectual property rights (“IPRs”) in any cocktails or recipes you submit for the Global Final (“Submissions”). You hereby grant to the Global Promoter, its affiliates, successors and its licensees from time to time, the royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right to use the IPRs in the Submissions for the purposes of the Competition and in related promotional material or activity.
- You represent and warrant that your Submissions will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- The Global Promoter may choose to use photographs and images of participants of the Local Competition and the Global Final who appear to be over the age of 25 years for promotional material relating to the Competition in any media, including without limitation social media channels (“Advertising”). By entering the Competition you agree to being included in Advertising.
- The Global Promoter may arrange for photographs, interviews and other filming featuring you and other bartenders at various stages of the Global Final, the Tales of the Cocktail 2018 festival and at any other point during the Competition (“Footage”). You grant to the Global Promoter and parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates all necessary consent to take the Footage, and grant to the Global Promoter and parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates your full and unconditional permission to use the Footage and any performers rights you may have in the Footage in any and all media, in the original format or edited or altered in any way which the Global Promoter deems appropriate, without payment to you.
- The Global Promoter shall own all right, title and interest in and to any Advertising and Footage. In respect of your image rights, you grant to the Global Promoter the royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such image rights and material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You also irrevocably waive and/or agree not to assert any “moral rights” you may have in the Advertising and Submissions in favour of the Global Promoter.
- While you are participating in the Competition and while travelling as part of any of the prizes you are likely to be perceived as an ambassador of the Global Promoter and our brands. You agree to comply with the Pernod Ricard Code of Commercial Communications (http://pernod-ricard.com/files/fichiers/PERNOD%20RICARD%20Code%20for%20Commercial%20Communications%20Feb%202016.pdf) and agree that you will not:
- participate in or encourage underage purchase or drinking of alcohol;
- participate in or encourage irresponsible consumption or over-consumption of alcohol;
- condemn or criticize in any way anyone who chooses not to drink alcohol;
- participate in any activity which portrays irresponsible drinking in a positive light;
- participate in any activity which suggests the consumption of alcohol contributes to any kind of success;
- participate in any activity which glorifies the alcohol strength, relatively high alcohol content or intoxicating effect of a drink;
- participate in any activity which relates drinking alcohol to any kind of illegal, antisocial, dangerous, aggressive or violent behaviour.
- If at any time you:
- are considered to have breached any of the terms in the above paragraph;
- carry out any behaviour that will or may bring Local Promoter or Global Promoter into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavourably on the Competition or the security and integrity of the Competition, as assessed by the Local Promoter or Global Promoter in their sole discretion,
- breach any other terms of the Local Terms or these Global Terms,
the Global Promoter shall have the right to disqualify you from the Competition.
- In the event any activities included in the prizes are cancelled, delayed or postponed for any reason, the winners will not be reimbursed and the prizes shall consist solely of the remaining elements, if any. The prizes are not assignable or transferable. No transfers or substitutions are permitted, except that the Global Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to unavailability or otherwise in its sole and absolute discretion. A cash alternative is not available for any prizes.
- These Global Terms prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
- The Global Promoter reserves the right (i) at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Competition at any time and for any reason, (ii) at its sole discretion to amend these terms and conditions at any time, and (iii) to withdraw part or all of the Competition if it cannot be operated as envisaged, or cannot be operated as envisaged without disproportionate expense.
- Neither the consideration contained in this agreement nor the relationship itself is conditioned in any way upon any retail licensee’s purchase or agreement to purchase any alcohol beverage products produced, sold or offered for sale by us, Pernod Ricard USA or any company forming part of the Pernod Ricard S.A. group of companies, and such consideration and relationship is not intended to and will not be used to induce any alcohol beverage retailer to purchase any of said products.
- Entrants to the Competition remain free to exercise their own unilateral business judgement and reserve the final authority over all decisions concerning whether to display, offer or serve alcohol beverage products at any retail location in which they may provide bartending services.
- In connection with this agreement, you are under no obligation to purchase any Pernod Ricard products.
- These Global Terms together with the Local Terms set out the entire agreement between the participants and the Global Promoter with respect to the Global Competition and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Competition shall be resolved individually and exclusively by the courts of England and Wales.
If these Terms are not signed and returned to the Global Promoter in advance you agree to these Global Terms and you will be required to sign a copy at any point, including on arrival in the United Kingdom.
I confirm I have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.